Sunday, October 15, 2017

Prioritizing

I noticed that being in college is a hard transition from being in high school. In high school teachers are much nicer with homework and in class assignments compared to being in college. For me the hardest thing was changing my study habits. In high school I had normal study habits but when I came here it all went down the drain.

For me to function I have to have some type of extra curricular activity to do everyday, otherwise I get lazy and I don't want to do anything at all. When I came to SB I wasn't in any sports so I wasn't exercising at all. I'm used to having something to do every day after school whether it was competitive soccer, track practice, or wrestling practice, I had something to do to keep me busy and active. 

I also miss my friend Brandon from home. He now goes to UC Irvine and is doing great. He and I used to work out together back home and he made me stay in shape, besides being in all the sports I was in. Now I know its easy to just say "well just go to the gym and get a membership" but in reality I'm a full time student and it's hard to juggle school plus my personal life and studying. I decided to take matters into my own hands and decided to try out for the Tropicana soccer team. Even though it wasn't really a try out, I still put my best foot forward and show off what I can do. Now that I'm in a sport again, I know that I need to eat really healthy to keep in shape plus continue to exercise. I have not yet motivated myself enough to go to the gym 3 times a week, but I try to do little excercise in my room when I have time. I don't know why it took me so long to notice that you can't slack off in college because it is so easy to get distracted with all the activities around you. 

Make sure you have your priorities straight and remember that you are paying a lot to be here whether you are in state or not. Sadly, it took me two and a half months to figure my life out. I'm not saying don't go to parties or have fun, but I am saying make sure you know what your priorities are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment