Sunday, October 29, 2017

Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Image result for breast cancer runs
When you think of the month October you think of haunted houses, pumpkins, costumes and trick or treating. October is a time to be with your friends with a cup of hot chocolate and watch Netflix. This is also a time where all the pumpkin flavored stuff comes out.  Sadly, October can be seen as a different time for some people. As you may know October is also known for Breast Cancer Awareness month. It is very common for a person to have someone in their life that have been afflicted with such a serious disease. Before coming to Santa Barbra my grandma was diagnosed with breast cancer. At first it was just a mass in her chest and they removed it with no problem. I was told that she would just have to have radiation and nothing more. When I left for college my  

Image result for BREAST CANCER

grandparents told me that they would come visit me as soon as my grandma’s radiation was done. After a few months I was getting curious on why they haven't come to see me yet. When I went home last weekend I was expecting everything to be normal like it always was. When I walked in to my kitchen the first thing I saw was my grandma and I noticed she had a wig on. At first, I was shocked and didn’t know what to say but I didn’t want her to feel any more worried than she already was so I put on a happy face and acted like everything was okay. I later found out that she has been put on chemo and is about to have her last round pretty soon. It is just so hard to see someone one day knowing that they are going to be okay and then the next day they look completely different. If you know someone who has any form of cancer than you know how hard it is to see a loved one slowly deteriorate in front of you. There still isn’t a cure for it yet but there are many ways to help support researching the cause of this disease. There are many different walks, donation, and groups that are located around where you live. I will leave some links below to help you find some way to help find a cure to cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment