Saturday, September 9, 2017

Labor Day Weekend

          
Last week my mom surprised me and said she bought me tickets to come home for Labor Day weekend to see my family and friends. My best friend Brandon was having some problems at home and really needed a friend to be with him and he wanted me to come down but I wanted it to be a surprise. For some reason, he wanted to Face Time me EVERYDAY and every day I had to lie and say I can't come down because it is too expensive. It broke my heart that he became so sad but it was also very funny because I was really coming down the next day to see him. I had to leave from the school to the train station but I did not want to walk. So, for the first time, I got an Uber. I got to the train station way too early (about 2 hours early) because I was afraid to miss the train. My train left at 12:45pm and I was going to get into sac at about 11:30pm (12-13-hour train ride).

When I got into sac the first thing I did was see my dog then I went down to Brandon's house and surprised him. It was the best feeling in the world to see him and make him so happy to the point of almost in tears. I took us both to Denny's and we had a 3am dinner. When I got home I went straight to my dog and took her from her crate and put her to sleep in my bed. the next morning i wanted to surprise my grandma so I went to search for her and I walked up behind her and called her name. When she turned around to look, her eyes lit up and she had a smile from ear to ear. She gave me a big hug and a kiss on my cheek that left a big red lipstick stain. my grandpa wasn't so surprised to see me. he just turned around and said "hey cc". 
When day 3 came around I was really missing Santa Barbara and all of the new friends I made. I would have thought I wouldn't want to come back but it was the complete opposite. To take my mind off of school I went to my friend Whitney's house and went swimming with her and her family members. It's weird to say that I got “school” sick. I was really excited to go back to school and see all my friends at Tropicana. When I got back to SB Monday afternoon some of my friends were having a dance party in our living room and I ran up the stairs and into my room and started dancing with them. I really wanted to cry because I missed all my roommates and friends that I made.

No comments:

Post a Comment